In fact, I’ve been eating for just about my entire life, so I consider myself pretty much an expert on the topic of eating.
That said, for whatever reason, I still struggle with it. I’ve done probably every diet imaginable and have gained and lost more weight than most women will ever weigh.
This recipe page reflects me and my eating habits, which will differ from you and your eating habits, because we’re different! Go fig.
I have learned a few things about myself along my meandering way, and they are:
1. I cannot obsess about calories. It makes me crazy.
2. I prefer to eat things that taste good to me. I’m not sorry.
3. I cannot always afford to eat entirely organic, but I do make efforts toward this end especially when it comes to produce and meats.
4. Canned and boxed foods still play a huge part in my busy life. Not sorry about this either.
5. I am eating and cooking with an eye on weight loss, but without obsessively attacking weight loss. I’ve “attacked” my weight loss endeavors in the past, and I always gain back that weight. Over it.