- Happy Father’s Day, dads!
- Celebrated our second cousin’s junior high graduation on Friday night. A table full of 14 year old boys was an absolute blast. One minute they are talking about “dating” some girl and the next they are fighting over the lollipops the waitress offers us at the end of dinner. Boys? Young men?… They aren’t sure yet.
- Went IKEA’ing on Saturday afternoon. 5.5 years into our relationship and finally, we didn’t end up in a bickering match over home decorating. Relationship evolution win.
- Skype’d with my family this weekend. My nephew immediately said, “Hi Ann Jami and Wyan!” Translation: Aunt Jasmine and Ryan. It was the first time we’ve ever heard him say our names. Best thing since sliced bread.
- Awoke Sunday morning to news that one of my greatest of friends had lost her mother to a massive stroke in the night. Shock… anguish… fear. Aren’t we too young for these things to happen? Could this happen to my mother? My father? No answers please.
- Sunday afternoon was spent putting together our Ikea somethings and tinkering. The house is coming along. Slowly, but surely. It feels good to put things in new places. Oh, fresh starts, you are the gift that keeps on giving.
A rose in my window for Momma Mary. The world is poorer without her.