I don’t really have the mindset right now to compose something neat and tidy for this here “baby blog,” as I refer to it, so here is a list of random things you may or may not be interested to know.
1. Right now, I technically have two homes and they are both disaster areas. I’m really excited to get in to my new home and get settled. I despise packing, but I don’t mind unpacking. I kind of enjoy organizing a new home and figuring out how to decorate.
2. Just now, I got really annoyed with Ryan for sneezing to the point that he went into the bedroom. Now, I cannot stop coughing. Oh, hello, Irony. How are you?
Backstory: My husband has terrible allergies, but he refuses to take anything for them and pretends like he doesn’t have them. When he gets a sneezing fit (which he does several times every day in the spring and summer), he will literally sneeze repeatedly over and over again for HOURS. Imagine someone screaming ACHEW ever three seconds for an entire hour while you are trying to read, write, or watch tv, and yet, when you offer to get them some kind of drug that will stop their sneezing (and possibly, yes, knock them the EFF out), they refuse. Yes. Now you understand.
And, yes, I promise, as soon as I finish this blog post, I will go in there and tell him I’m sorry that his sneezing fits and refusal to do anything about them make me want to stab out my eardrums while simultaneously beating him with something relatively soft and harmless. I swear I will try to be more accepting of how impossibly stubborn he is. There. Ya happy?
P.S. I deserved the coughing fit, I know, I know.
3. I’ve recently been writing a story about ghosts. If you guys read me at the tail end of my Eat Move Write days, you will remember I was also writing a story about ghosts. This is a different story. So many ghosts, so little time.
4. Tonight I was supposed to accomplish at least two of the following:
- Wrap my dishes in packing paper and pack them neatly into cardboard boxes.
- Make bean and cheese quesadillas for dinner.
- Cut open recently closed boxes labelled “Jasmine’s Books” looking for a vampire-related novel and sit on the couch reading it for the rest of the evening.
Unfortunately, I think I started with the wrong one and now I don’t have time to take care of the other two. Woops.
5. I’m currently reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. It was the first paranormal book I could find that I hadn’t read in the shambles that is my living room.
I’m not entirely sure I’m going to like this book. It’s still up in the air…